Ads 468x60px

Sample Text

Sample text

Social Icons

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Skyrim: Lost Lydia, tips for how to get her back...

Did you lose Lydia on a quest in Skyrim? Here are some tips to help you get her back, keep from losing her again, or replace her. Remember, that she will come wait in your house in Whiterun if you've purchased a home.

those juicy lips mmmm...


There are a few reasons why you might lose Lydia

1. She dies
2. She gets left behind in a glitch where her character can't move
3. She runs off to fight a nearby enemy, (one time she rans straight into the water to fight off some kind of fish!) Luckily I used a previous auto-save to get her back.


Before a battle, save your game. You can save during combat as well. Many times I ended up beating all the enemies but accidentally hit her with my weapon or magic (she gets in the way) and she dies. Sometimes other characaters who are temporarily helping you will get in the way and accidnetally get caught in the line of fire (no friendly fire in this game) so it's always a good idea to save BEFORE battle and DURING battle!

Another reason why you might lose Lydia is if you accidentally tell her...


"It's Time for us to part ways"

This happened to me once, either through a glitch or accidentally when I was trading things with her. (don't forget to give her better armor and weapons!)

If you lose Lydia and just need someone to fight alongside you don't worry, you can pick up other characters (some which might be better than her). At the Inn in Riverwood (I think) there was a guy who for some gold would agree to fight with you. But he insists that you have to let go of Lydia first (they limit you to only one partner in crime). I think a good replacement for Lydia is J'Zargo. He is at the College of Winterhold. Once you get rid of Lydia (or lose her) when you talk to certain characters you will see an option that says something like "I need your help, follow me"

miss me?

If you tell Lydia we need to part ways, she'll say "I'll head back home if you need me", she'll be in Dragonsreach sitting at the table, simply talk to her and she can follow you again. Once you purchase a home in Whiterun ($5,000) she will wait for you there (2nd floor). You can see my other post for how to purchase a home HERE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have looked in dragonsreach and my house multiple times and still can't find her though its been like a week IRL

Anonymous said...

Same thing just occurred with me, I lost the Solitude Chick in the Underground complex. Problem being she was carrying Volsung, the dragon priest mask. Lol.
I'll find her sooner or later, and when I do... well, I'll just use a Soul Gem. Lol.

Anonymous said...

^ lol

Anonymous said...

I told her to wait

Unknown said...

Go to your home in whiterun and sleep their for 24 hours (in game).

Anonymous said...

I made her a blade does that mean she will go to the blades temple?

Post a Comment